How to Install EHCP (Easy Hosting Control Panel) on Ubuntu Server 12.04
This guide will help you to installing EHCP (Easy¬†Hosting¬†Control Panel) on¬†ubuntu Server 12.04, EHCP (Easy Hosting Control Panel) is free and open source web hosting control panel for Ubuntu Based distro, designed for hosting multiple domains on a single machine. It aims to be easy to install and use, simple, and functional. It currently supports for DNS,¬†Apache¬†WebServer,¬†MySQL, FTP, and email configuration.
It mainly uses the apt-get install system, so it can be installed on any Debian-based distro, including Ubuntu Server. It features one-click installs, subdomains, password protected domains, email forwarding, domain transfer to another user, multiple templates, server backup and restore, and different menus for the server administrator, reseller, and domain administrator.
Here‚Äôs Main Feature of EHCP :
- Full php, full opensource, easily modifiable, customazible, ehcp templates
- Unlimited ‚Äúresellers, panel users, domains, ftp users, emails, mysqls‚ÄĚ
- Domains, subdomains, ftp, mysql, dns (automatic), email etc. management
- password protected domains,
- Email forwarding, autoreply, catch-all emails,
- Web-stats (webalizer)
- Web-ftp (net2ftp)
- Easy Install Scripts (scripts easily downloaded and copied by means of server)
- Disk quota control,
- Custom http, custom dns, domain aliases, domain redirect,
- SSL support
- Different languages, templates support, a few lang/templates included,
- Different Menus/pages for Server Admin, Reseller, domain admin, email user (4 level)
- Server backup/restore (files+db)
- Domain transfer to another ehcp user
- Simple, light, fast, host hundreds of domains in it.
- More details¬†here
Install EHCP (Easy Hosting Control Panel)
On¬†ubuntu server 12.04¬†ehcp is very easy to install. First, login remotely using ssh then login as root. Download EHCP latest version from ehcp website, now ehcp available in version 0.32. Download it using wget commands.
wget -O ehcp.tgz www.ehcp.net/ehcp_latest.tgz
Extract ehcp.tgz,with following commands
tar -zxvf ehcp.tgz
Change to directory ehcp, then run install.sh script
Follow installation wizard and read the instructions carefully,the install script will install all required packages including Apache, MySql and Postfix. You will need to provide some information to configure the services and set the admin passwords.
When the installer is finished.¬†you will be provided with the ehcp login page in your Web browser window, if you are on your local machine, otherwise, you need to connect to your new webserver by entering the IP address of you server.
Your ehcp default admin¬†username:¬†admin¬†and default¬†admin pass:¬†1234